If you want to be taken seriously by your current or future clients, you have to add to your checklist while creating a content a plagiarism checking. Only original and grammatically correct articles have a chance to become 100% unique and valuable for your readers and an SEO optimization, as well. Let’s take a more in-depth look at pros and cons of these five free plagiarism checkers.
This is really fast and efficient free plagiarism detection tool. Even though its interface is a bit harsh, it unquestionably gets the job done well.
- 100% free of charge – you are not required to pay for a subscription
- Two ways to check for plagiarism: copy and paste your text into the field or upload a file
- While you sing up for free, you can do 50 plagiarism scans per day
- An extremely easy to use
- 1 search per day for unregistered users
- You can’t check your text by URL
Dupli Checker doesn’t have a paid version. This tool is a perfect choice for both, students and professionals
This checker is remarkably easy-to-use, perfect for bloggers, students, teachers or writers. Enter URL or upload your content and hit check. Voila! Done.
- The program supports more than 190 languages
- You can check your text by URL, online or file upload
- Supported file types include: TXT, HTML, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PDF, ODT, EPUB, FB2, PDB
- Firefox and Chrome Extensions Available
- Moodle plugin
- You have a limited number of plagiarism checks per day
- Using an article rewriter gives sometimes incoherent results
A basic version is available for free, but the users can upgrade it to the premium. Pricing plans start from $5 for one day for up to 100 searches. For unlimited searches, there is a $25 or $30 subscription for 3 or 6 months, individually.
One of the most popular and efficient plagiarism checker tool. Copyscape also proposes Copysentry, a complex tool to protect your content from copying without permission. Unfortunately, this professional solution is not available for free.
- Users can check content by pasting URL (Premium version allows you to paste text)
- Copyscape offers free plagiarism warning banners for websites
- Free comparison tool
- Fast results
- The paid version gives users much more possibilities
- You can’t check your text by uploading
Copyscape Premium features
- Batch Search lets you check your entire site, up to 10,000 pages, in a single operation
- Case Tracking allows you to keep track of specific cases of plagiarism over time
- The Copyscape Premium API enables your developers to automatically query the Copyscape Premium service, receiving results in XML or HTML format
Copyscape pricing model is based on content length, starting at only 3 cents per search. Users will pay 3c per search for the first 200 words plus 1c per additional 100 words or part thereof.
If you are looking for a plagiarism checker with a beautiful and minimalist interface, definitely Quetext will meet your expectations. No doubt, this program wins in this category. Unfortunately, its features are quite limited.
- A simple and minimalist design
- You can check your content only by entering text
- Citation Assistant in pro version
- A limited number of search to 3
- Word-limit per search 500 words (1 page)
- File uploading available just in premium
- Checking text by URL unavailable even with paid version
- Available only in English
Even Quetext is quite limited has some outstanding features in pro version: Deep Search, File Upload, Increased word limit (up to 25,000 words at a time) or PDF reporting. Upgrading your account to premium will cost you $9.99 per month. Don’t judge a book by its cover!
While writing a blog you have to remember that a plagiarism-free content is essential for SEO optimization and website ranking. SEO Review Tools contains a complex set of solutions for your website including Duplicate Content Checker.
- Users can check content by entering text or URL
- Easy to use
- 100% free registration
- Fast results
- You can’t check your content by uploading text
- Only English version available
Duplicate Content Checker doesn’t have a paid version. To increase the effectivity of this plagiarism checker users should create a free account.
Finding a suitable plagiarism checkers is a bit challenging. You have to take into consideration issues like your budget and a purpose of utilizing plagiarism detector tools.
Are you a blogger? Then, most likely you will choose a tool which allows you check content by pasting URL. If you are a student, you will probably want to upload your text.
Undoubtedly, your needs depend on your profession. Take your time and choose this plagiarism detector that works best for you.
If you are already using any of them, please let me know what your opinion is. Maybe you can recommend me other plagiarism checkers.